The choice selection period for HHAs located in Illinois will begin on April 17, 2019 and end on May 16, 2019. HHAs should visit the Palmetto GBA provider portal here for information and instructions on the selection process. Beginning April 17, 2019, HHAs will be able to view their available choices and make their selection through the portal. Palmetto GBA will also send letters to all Illinois HHAs detailing this information; however, HHAs do not need to wait to receive their letter and may go to the provider portal starting on April 17, 2019. HHAs that do not make a choice selection by May 16, 2019 will be automatically placed in Choice 2: Postpayment Review. Following the close of the choice selection period, the demonstration will begin in Illinois on June 1, 2019 , and all episodes of care starting on or after this date will be subject to the requirements of the choice selected.
What to do Now:
- Read CMS’ full announcement here.
- Make sure that your agency is properly registered in Palmetto’s eServices portal.
- Establish an account or update your password so you are ready to make your selection, beginning on April 17.
- You must be registered in eServices to make your choice selection.
- Do not wait for Palmetto GBA’s letter to arrive in the mail indicating whether you qualify for initial or subsequent choices. Beginning April 17, eServices will display the initial or subsequent choices for which your agency is eligible.
Agencies in the other four targeted states; Ohio, North Carolina, Texas and Florida, should begin immediate preparation for RCD as it is imminent in your state! The link below contains the RCD HH Operational Guide from CMS that outlines the process. HPS will provide updates as they are released!
RCH HH Operational Guide