Revenue Cycle Consulting
Take control of aged claims. Our team of experienced consultants can help with revenue cycle management for home care and hospice.
If your receivables have increased due to staff turnover, lack of knowledge, or a recent acquisition, HPS can provide collection services on your home health and hospice aged claims on an interim basis.
Outsource all or part of your aged receivables to HPS, including:
- AR Cleanup
- Reveal & Correct Operational Challenges
- Claims Follow – up & Rebilling as Necessary
- Weekly Progress Reports
- Identify & Correct Cash Posting & Adjustment Errors
Our efforts in home health and hospice receivables clean up often reveal operational challenges that if corrected, will be beneficial long after we have completed the project. Problems with payer set up and claim formatting, denial management weaknesses, vulnerabilities in eligibility verification and the insurance authorization process are common.
Your agency is in good hands with our team of experienced home care and hospice specialists.
Let Our Experienced Consulting Team Go to Work for You
Learn more about our financial and operations consulting services from Healthcare Provider Solutions’ Chief Financial Officer, D. Mark Cannon.
Billing and Collection Staff Training
When agencies need training for revenue cycle staff due to turnover, new employees to the home care and hospice industries, or staff in need of a refresher course, HPS has a variety of resources and solutions available.
Educate and Train Your Staff on These Critical Topics
- How to resolve Returned to Provider (RTP) claims in the Medicare system
- How to research and resolve claim denials
- How to read Medicare remittance advices
- How to resolve complex claim processing problems
- How to process hospice Notice of Elections (NOE) in the Medicare system
- How to check eligibility and certification periods
- Finding intermediary websites to locate home health and hospice billing manuals and guidelines
- How to prepare for a billing audit to maintain compliance
Billing and Collection Process Review
The revenue cycle consulting team will evaluate all home care and hospice revenue cycle processes from the management of unbilled claims through and including posting of cash receipts. These reviews typically identify internal control weaknesses, inefficiencies in processes and missing compliance procedures.
Recommendations will be made regarding staffing levels, job descriptions, current duties, documentation flow, tracking mechanisms, etc.
These billing and collection process reviews are often performed in conjunction with an operational review. Since the front office staff is critical to the success of the back office staff we typically review intake, case management, eligibility, authorization, quality & education, performance improvement, clinical supervision, OASIS processing, orders processing, medical records and documentation auditing as a part of this process.
Month End Revenue Cycle Accounting Review
Accounting for home health episodic receivables can be challenging for Agencies. Software vendors can handle the accounting for revenues and receivables very differently. The HPS revenue cycle consulting team has experience with multiple home care and hospice systems and can provide guidance on the most efficient methods of recording your revenue cycle activity.
- Accounting for Unbilled Claims
- Episodic Revenue and Deferred Revenue Calculations
- Reconciliation of Cash Received per the Bank to Cash Posting in the Receivables System
- Review of Key Statistics to Validate Transactions
- Adequacy of Allowance Accounts
- Collection Status of Overdue Claims
Explore Other Billing & Financial Services
Why Agencies Choose HPS
“Melinda, Mark, and their staff are professional, honest, responsive, and true thought leaders. Their expertise enabled our agency to realize significant cash flow improvements and clinically focused operational advancements.”
“It’s so reassuring to have experts managing our accounts and know that it’s being done ethically and ‘by the book.’ Our days in AR have never been so low. “
Home Care Agency Director
“HPS helped me reduce my aging by $140,601. Thank you sounds kind of hollow for such a feat, so I will capitalize it: THANK YOU!”
Colorado Hospice Provider
HPS is Proud to Be Affiliated With Home Care & Hospice Associations
Schedule a Meeting with a Healthcare
Provider Solutions Professional
MELINDA A. GABOURY
Chief Executive Officer
AARON D. CAREY
Chief Operating Officer
D. MARK CANNON, CPA
Chief Financial Officer