The Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) will be conducting both Acknowledgement Testing and End-to-End Testing for ICD-10 readiness. Agencies will not even need to register for Acknowledgement Testing. However, agencies MUST be chosen by the Medicare MAC, following registration, in order to participate in End-to-End Testing. There will only be 50 agencies in each MAC jurisdiction for each testing round. The Acknowledgement Testing is OPEN to ALL Medicare-Fee-For-Service (FFS) electronic submitters.
Acknowledgement Testing is to demonstrate the following:
- Providers and submitters can submit claims with valid ICD-10 codes and ICD-10 companion qualifier codes;
- Providers submitted claims with valid National Provider Identifiers (NPIs)
- The claims are accepted by the Medicare FFS claims systems; and
- Claims receive 277CA or 999 acknowledgement, as appropriate, to confirm that the claim was accepted or rejected by Medicare
End-to-End Testing is to demonstrate the following:
- Providers and submitters can successfully submit claims containing ICD-10 codes to the Medicare FFS claims systems;
- Software changes the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) made to support ICD-10 result in appropriately adjudicated claims; and
- Accurate Electronic Remittance Advices are produced based on current year pricing
The following time periods will include testing:
Acknowledgement Testing – June 1-5, 2015
End-to-End Testing – April 27 – May 1, 2015 & July 20-24, 2015
There is still time for agencies to volunteer for the July 2015 End-to-End Testing. Register with her Medicare MAC today.
Agencies will be sent specifics as to the format and data to be submitted by May 8, 2015.
See the following link for additional information:Medicare Learning Network