- This event has passed.
About the Event
Please join us for the Illinois HomeCare and Hospice Council 2020 Annual Conference and Exposition, 2020 Vision: Focus on the Future
The IHHC Education Committee has put together an exciting program that will leave you renewed, refreshed and reinvigorated to tackle any new challenges that come your way with perfect 2020 vision!
The 2-day conference is jam-packed with exciting Keynote speakers and education sessions that will inform and inspire.
Speaker: CEO, Melinda A. Gaboury
March 3, 2020 | 1:45 PM – 3:00 PM | T11 – Thriving in PDGM
Description: Now functioning under the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) how are agencies doing? Are you getting reimbursed accurately? Does revenue calculate to what we thought? Are you thriving or just surviving? This workshop will take it to the next level with experiences in what has been success and what is not! Claims processing issues and successes will also be shared. How are Medicare Advantage Plans dealing with PDGM? Lastly, this workshop will explore the coding and OASIS D1 facts and statistics surrounding agency success under PDGM.
* Outline the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) structure with examples.
* Review the claims processing successes and failures since implementation 1/1/2020.
* Detail the documentation requirements to thrive in PDGM regarding case mix weight and medical review.
* Provide a checklist of key elements to review for each and every 30-day payment period
* Review what is happening with Medicare Advantage under PDGM.
March 3, 2020 | 3:15 PM – 4:30 PM | T22 – Top 5 Hospice Medical Review Denials
In the current environment of the targeted and third-party reviews there is a constant concern of reviews that could result in recoupment of payments already made to hospices. This session will narrow the focus of the education to the top five denial reasons and go into depth on each one and providing broader concepts. This session will highlight the documentation requirements to avoid the denials and the regulations that support. If your hospice is currently in a review or is just looking to improve the quality review standards, this session is a must attend.
* Outline the top denials from Targeted Probe & Educate
* Review the most recent OIG Report and findings from recent OIG audits.
* Detail the documentation requirements to avoid the top denials.
* Provide a checklist of key elements to include in a chart when being reviewed