- This event has passed.
Speaker(s): Melinda A. Gaboury, CEO & Leslie Heagy, Director of Clinical Services
About the Speaker(s)
Melinda A. Gaboury, with more than 30 years in home care, has over 22 years of executive speaking and educating experience, including extensive day to day interaction with home care and hospice professionals. She routinely conducts Home Care and Hospice Reimbursement Workshops and speaks at state association meetings throughout the country. Melinda has profound experience in Medicare PDGM training, billing, collections, case-mix calculations, chart reviews and due diligence. UPIC, RA, ADR & TPE appeals with all Medicare MACs have become the forefront of Melinda’s current impact on the industry. She is currently serving as the Chair of the NAHC/HHFMA Advisory Board and Work Group and is currently serving on the Board of Directors for both the Home Care Association of Florida & Tennessee Association for Home Care. Melinda is also the author of the Home Health OASIS Guide to OASIS-E and Home Health Billing Answers, 2023.
About the Event
2023 Revenue Cycle Challenges – Medicare Advantage & Getting Paid | Melinda Gaboury, CEO
Times are changing and one of the most significant shifts for home health providers over the years is the trajectory of Medicare Advantage patients to begin to outweigh the volume of Traditional Medicare patients. This session will discuss the current concerns in the Home Health Revenue Cycle and how providers can get paid and stay compliant. Medicare Advantage credentialing and working through the process of payer setup to the eventual payment receipt for Medicare Advantage covered patients. Will providers have a future in a world where M Plans also offer homebased services and products?
- Review the current pulse of the Home Health Revenue Cycle
- Provide Detail statistic on where Medicare Advantage is in what appears to be a take-over
- Planning for strategic and longer-term sustainability in partnering with MA Plans.
- Outline boots on the ground details of getting paid.
Emergency Preparedness | Leslie Heagy, Director of Clinical Services
An Emergency Preparedness program that includes all required elements will result in a survey free of E-tags and an agency prepared to deal with all possible hazards! This session outlines the required components, steps and timelines needed to ensure agencies are survey ready related to the Emergency Preparedness Conditions of Participation. This session will address all required components of a compliant Home Health Emergency Preparedness Program that meets regulatory guidelines and includes all required elements to be an effective Emergency Preparedness Program.
- Understand the CoP related to Emergency Preparedness
- Identify the 5 components of an Emergency Preparedness Program
- Discuss the timelines for compliance related to all aspects of the Emergency Preparedness Program
- Review examples of compliant Emergency Preparedness Testing Cycles.
- Discuss what surveyors are required to review related to Emergency Preparedness.
Top 10 Home Health Deficiencies and 2023 Surveyor Guidance Updates | Leslie Heagy, Director of Clinical Services
Ongoing survey readiness is key to survey success! This session will cover the top 10 home health survey deficiencies and how to avoid them including tips on documentation, best practices, process implementation, staff training, and survey preparation to ensure your agency is always survey ready. Guidance on the 2023 updates to the survey process will be provided to give agencies insight on how to prepare for surveys. Key elements that surveyors find deficient in agency records will be outlined and reviewed.
- Identify the top 10 home health deficiencies
- Discuss tips to avoid survey deficiencies
- Identify survey preparation and readiness tools and tips.
Home Health QAPI | Leslie Heagy, Director of Clinical Services
A successful Home Health Quality Program is a key component to a well-run organization! This session will focus on understanding the home health QAPI CoP and knowing the rules for the condition. We will detail the steps for building an effective QAPI program to improve processes with methods to decrease risks, improve patient outcomes, and increase your agency’s quality and efficiency. You will learn how utilizing your home health QAPI program to the fullest will improve overall organizational compliance, performance, and outcomes.
- Understand the Home Health QAPI Condition of Participation.
- Explain the benefits of having an effective QAPI Plan.
- Describe the key components of a QAPI program.