- This event has passed.
Speaker(s): Victoria Barron, Clinical Consultant
About the Speaker(s)
With more than 37 years of nursing and healthcare experience, the majority of Victoria’s career has been in the home services arena including home health, hospice, home care, and home infusion where she has served in various roles. In home health and hospice, Victoria has served as agency administrator, interim administrator, clinical director, surveyor, mock surveyor, QAPI team member and consultant. In private duty she has served as agency administrator, and in home infusion as marketing director and infusion Registered Nurse.
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CST
About the Event
This session will cover the top 10 hospice survey deficiencies and explore how to avoid them. It will include documentation tips, best practices, process implementation, staff training, and survey preparation to ensure your agency is always survey ready. Guidance on the new survey process, including home visit/clinical record sample size, will be provided to give agencies insight on how surveyors will review the Conditions of Participation requirements. Join us to learn key elements that surveyors find deficient in agency records.
A bad survey can create costly problems for a provider from disrupting a plan of correction to potential termination of the Medicare provider agreement and/or license. This webinar will cover how to avoid the top 10 deficiencies to keep your agency in compliance and running smoothly.
- Identify hospice survey types and frequency
- Recognize the top 10 hospice survey deficiencies
- Apply compliance tips to avoid survey deficiencies
- Implement processes to ensure survey readiness
- Identify documents required for survey compliance
- Discuss the 2023 updates to the survey process including the two new phases with core and associated CoPs in the SOM-Appendix M
- Understand the timeline for the conclusion of the PHE (public health emergency) as it relates to hospice surveys