- This event has passed.
Tennessee Association for Home Care
About the Event
Speaker: CEO, Melinda A. Gaboury
Monday, May 6, 2019 | 10:30 AM – 11:45 AM | PDGM – The Rule from 10,000 Feet!
The most significant change in Homecare Reimbursement in 20 years will go into effect January 2020. The Patient Driven
Groupings Model – PDGM is complicated, confusing and overwhelming. CMS has provided some data on the revenue impacts
and new PDGM components, but there is more to be considered. Operational areas likely impacted under the new payment
model include referral and sales management, intake, revenue cycle, operational reporting, order and supply management and
much more. This session will provide an overview to the regulation and breakdown the basics under PDGM:
1. Outline the historyof the rules leading to this change to PDGM; 2. Outline the calculation of a case mix grouping under PDGM;
3. Detail the changesto the billing structure under PDGM; 4. Provide outline of Therapy Utilization reimbursement changes,
LUPAs and other reimbursement related PDGM changes.
Monday, May 6, 2019 | 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM | OASIS-D & VBP Best Practices
OASIS-D is a significant part of Home Health Value Based Purchasing (VBP) as VBP is entering the 4th year of the Pilot and huge
changes to the Pilot are effective January 1, 2019. This session will take you through those changes, including a restructuring of
how the Total Performance Score (TPS) is actually calculated. Most importantly, this session is going to take agencies into the
depths of how to peel off the layers of the calculations and how agencies can apply best practices in improving their scores with
OASIS-D items and HHCAPS. This session will emphasize how agencies should not let change dictate their future but should take
control of their outcomes.
* Identify elements of OASIS-D that impact VBP and its effect
* Outline Best Practices for educating on current measures
* Detail Best Practices for review of reports and interpreting New TPS scores
* Discuss Best Practices for improving scores in items that agency doesn’t technically control
Tuesday, May 7, 2019 | 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM | PDGM – 2019 Home Health Final Rule Workshop: Preparation Can Not Start Soon Enough!
This workshop will highlight the areas impacted and outline potential process changes to assist in optimizing operations performance under PDGM.
* Outline how agencies will need to consider process changes in their business operations as a result of PDGM
* Define key operations points that will likely require changes and the risks involved if adequate changes are not made
* Outline potential strategies for process revisions and adjustments to achieve a successful operational transition under PDGM
* Share meaningful insights on clinical categories, utilization and other characteristics using claims data
* Provide data drill downs on Therapy Utilization, lengths of stay, LUPAs and other operational metrics under PDGM
* Provide a Checklist of things to begin implementing today be to ready for a 2020 implementation.
Stop by booth 16 and see Allison!