PDGM: Thriving is What We Do Best!
Speaker(s): Melinda A. Gaboury, CEO
Category: Speaking Engagement
- This event has passed.
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CST Hosted by
About the Event
This session will cover the reimbursement impact of the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM), cash flow issues, technicalities of the billing edits, and electronic medical records issues that are surfacing. Additionally, we will review the clarifications that were issued with the Medicare’s 2020 Final Rule and additional clarifications that have been attained regarding timing special billing situations. In addition to PDGM there are reimbursement issues associated with Targeted Probe & Educate reviews as well as UPIC and OIG reviews – this session will review the top denials and provide information to prevent them. You don’t want to miss this important session with scenarios and examples in helping you thrive under the PDGM!
While facing the crisis of the century in healthcare, this webinar will serve to provide clarifications on what is happening so quickly within the industry and address these changes. Cash flow is critical and this webinar will not only address keeping the current revenue cycle process rolling, but will discuss the Accelerated Payment process and provide details on relief such as the ever awaited update to all NPPs to now certify home health patients and sign orders. Following are the things that we will address in this webinar:
• Telehealth – what is allowed for home health & hospice and what is not
• The relaxing of the Quality Reporting Items – and dates
• OASIS timeline requirements relaxed but still required and still required transmission for billing
• Accelerated Payment Requests and the process of recoupment
• NP, PA and CNS now allowed to certify patients and follow
• New diagnosis code for COVID-19 and implementation of the same in the CMS PDGM Grouper
• Suspension of medical review (TPE, ADRs, etc.)
• Revenue cycle keys to keeping the cash flowing