- This event has passed.
OCHCH 2019 Annual Conference & Tradeshow
The concurrent breakout sessions will feature educational programs from industry experts across the Nation, addressing critical topics in home health and hospice.
Speaker: CEO, Melinda A. Gaboury:
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 | 10:00am - 10:30am | Power Talks
10:45am - 12:15pm | Session 5 – RCD and PDGM Overall Impacts
1. Outline the top denials from Targeted Probe and Educate
2. Review the most recent OIG Report and findings from recent OIG audits
3. Detail documentation requirements to avoid the top denials
4. Provide checklist of key elements to include in a chart when being reviewed
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 | 1:45pm - 3:15pm | Session 7 –PDGM - Changes Can Not Start Soon Enough!
This session will provide an overview to the regulation and breakdown the basics under PDGM and assist in beginning to analyze the changes that this will bring to day to day operations of home health agencies and the reimbursement model restructuring.
• Outline the history of the rules leading to this change to PDGM
• Outline the calculation of a casemix grouping under PDGM
• Detail the changes to the billing structure under PDGM
• Provide outline of Therapy Utilization reimbursement changes, LUPAs and other reimbursement related PDGM changes
Wednesday, September 18, 2019 | 10:45am - 12:15pm | Session 15– PDGM Revenue Cycle
Outline process changes that need to be considered for adapting to PDGM
• Review the each process effected by PDGM in the Revenue Cycle
• Review necessary changes for consideration by agencies.
Outline process strategies for revisions & adjustments needed in the revenue cycle
• Review strategy for revising intake
• Review strategy for revising orders management as it effects revenue cycle
Outline specific changes to billing and checklist for 2020 implementation success
• Review the list of billing requirement changes for 2020
• Review new codes required for billing
• Review the checklist of things to consider top priority as 2020 approaches
Wednesday, September 18, 2019 | 2:30pm - 4:00pm | Session 19 – Top Five Hospice Medical Review Denials an How to Avoid Them
Review the top 5 denials for Targeted Probe & Educate
• Review the each denial individually
• Review the issues within charting that caused the denial
• Review the denial percentages across all Medicare MACs
Review the OIG Report
• Review the detail findings in the OIG audit specific to Hospice
• Review the effect on the Medicare MAC TPE reviews as a result of the OIG report
Review documentation requirements that impact medical review
• Review the list of required documents if sending for review
• Review the list of required elements to be found in each visit note to avoid denials
Make sure to stop by booth #406 to see Brian!
- Melinda A. Gaboury, CEO
- Hosted By:
- Brian Gentry, Inbound Sales Manager