- This event has passed.
NAHC Financial Management Conference & Expo
Connect with home care and hospice leaders from across the country to learn key strategies for improving your agency’s financial performance, to gain insights into the latest legal and regulatory changes, and to discover the secrets financial managers use to remain solvent during challenging times.
Speaker: Melinda A. Gaboury
Sunday, July 14, 2019 | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM | 801. Home Health Summer Camp 2019
A regular feature of the Financial Management Conference, people new to the industry, as well as veterans in home health services, will benefit from the detailed understanding of the fundamental financial tools and operational strategies for developing and maintaining positive financial outcomes offered in the Summer Camp. This updated 2019 program is designed for beginner-to-intermediate level financial staff members who have some experience in home care financial management and who wish to expand their knowledge in the diverse world of home care finance. This pre-conference is focused on:
• Current Medicare reimbursement issues faced by home health agencies;
• Essential benchmark data needed to manage a home health agency;
• How to integrate communications between financial and clinical staff;
• Using the Medicare cost report as a management resource tool;
• Medicare Advantage and Medicaid business impacts;
• Compliance responsibilities with payers and more;
• Establishing billing oversight processes; and
• Undertaking a feasibility analysis for instituting new programs, expanding service areas, and creating branch offices.
802. Hospice Summer Camp 2019
Getting back to the basics has never been more important, as hospice continues to grow and mature as a health care program. This preconference provides an updated and thorough overview of the financial aspects of hospice, including discussion of emerging national economic and policy changes which will impact hospice operations, regulatory issues, and revenue-enhancing strategies. Hospice Summer Camp 2019 is designed for Intermediate-Advanced hospice executives seeking to sharpen the skills and knowledge needed to improve management hospice financial operations in this changing environment.
The session topics will include:
• Financial accounting for all hospice services including bereavement, physician services, volunteers, therapies including music, massage, pet, liaisons or community representatives;
• New Hospice Cost Reporting – Lessons Learned from the New Edits;
• Compliance best practices;
• Hospice staff compensation, strategies for improved productivity and case capacity
• Palliative Care Services and impact on Hospice Services;
• General Inpatient Services, owned or leasing arrangements, respite and residential services;
• Hospice cap calculation updates – how to monitor during the year;
• CMS Form 855A proper reporting; and
• Updates on CMMI demonstration that carves in hospice into some MA plans.
Monday, July 15, 2019 | 2:00 PM - 3:40 PM | 201. Revenue Cycle Management
Managing the home health revenue cycle is daunting. While cash flow efforts must be successful, agencies must also guard against potential compliance threats. With Medicare Advantages Plans at an all-time high and new payers continuing to flock to the industry, the revenue cycle becomes more complex. If processes are not effectively managed the consequences to cash flow can be dire. The onslaught of PDGM is just around the corner and with Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE), as well as the Review Choice Demonstration (RCD), agencies are at increased risk with poor revenue cycle or documentation management practices. This session will take a deep look into best practices for Revenue Cycle teams.
Make sure to stop by our booth #312 and see our Management team!
- Hosted By:
- NAHC & HHFMA
- Mark Cannon, CFO, Drew Rowley, Director of Business Development & Technology, Allison Cunningham, Outside Sales Representative