- This event has passed.
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm CST Hosted by
About the Event
Speaker: Melinda A. Gaboury, CEO
Wednesday, March 3 | 12:15 PM – 1:15 PM | W21 – Targeted Probe & Educate – Palmetto
This session will take agencies through the winding road of Medicare scrutiny. While billing the Medicare benefit and getting paid relatively easy, there is always a risk of things being reviewed at some point and what can you do to avoid denials. Participants will be able to define Targeted Probe & Educate (TPE) and outline the structure of how to respond to any level of medical review that may occur. This session will also discuss PEPPER reports and other data analysis that agencies will need to review to ensure that their risk from medical review is limited. Don’t be caught in the comfortable position of believing that everything is okay.
Attendees will take away information that will assist in assuring that your hospice truly is accurately documenting.
1. Detail the process of the Targeted Probe & Educate (TPE) Process
2. List the current edits being used in targeting hospices across the nation
3. Discuss the top 5 denial reasons for TPE and the documentation requirements to avoid those denials
4. Outline the targets that are calculated on the PEPPER Reports
5. Detail the targets and other data from the PEPPER reports that is used to evaluate a hospice’s performance
6. Detail the requirements for successfully submitting medical records for review