Hospice Compare & HOPE Assessment Tool Update
Speaker(s): Melinda A. Gaboury, CEO
Category: Speaking Engagement
- This event has passed.
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CST Hosted by
Essential Education Webinar Network
About the Event
The HOPE tool being developed by CMS will provide standardized data to enable agencies to improve patient care and help families choose a hospice based on quality compare measures, and outcomes. Learn the latest HOPE updates, future expectations, and how to improve your lowest scores.
Hospice Compare is driving the future of outcomes and the future is becoming clearer. This session will help hospices manage their Hospice Compare scores and processes supporting the Hospice Item Set (HIS) and the CAHPS Hospice Survey and provide item-specific tips. An update on the HOPE tool (previously call HEART), a standardized comprehensive assessment tool CMS is developing for hospices, will also be covered, including its impact on Hospice Compare and future expectations.
THIS WEBINAR WILL COVER THE FOLLOWING:
* Understanding Hospice Compare scores and the difference between those scores and measures
* Lowest scoring questions and strategies for improvement
* Use of assessment tools, standardization, and relationships with patients and caregivers
* Updates to Compare Measures
* HOPE (Hospice Outcomes & Patient Evaluation) information regarding future expectations