- This event has passed.
Hospice Billing Workshop for AHHC of NC
Changes to the Medicare Hospice Billing Regulations have occurred over the past few years and continue. Is your hospice thriving or just coping? Has your hospice adapted to Payment Reform? Be among the elite group of billers that are current on all Hospice Medicare billing regulations. We all know that billing is a very critical part of hospice reimbursement.
This workshop will lay a strong foundation for hospice billers, as well as, any hospice staff that need to more effectively understand the Medicare regulations. If you are part of the billing cycle in your hospice this workshop is a must. This workshop will review the regulations for billing all hospice services. The newest updates for making corrections to the NOE and NOTR will be a focal point. This workshop will include how to effectively conduct Medicare verifications with HIQA/HETS screen examples, field by field review on Notice of Election and claim forms and sequential billing requirements. A review of the Routine Hospice rates and SIA pay-ments will be conducted.
Melinda will clear up any confusion related to face-to-face encounters and home health providing care while a patient is on service with hospice. She will outline the current risks and outline steps to manage that risk and include how to utilize PEPPER report data as a risk management tool.
Attendees will be able to:
• List the basic eligibility requirements for initiating Hospice and Billing to Medicare.
• Detail criteria for line item billing Hospice Notice of Election and Claims to Medicare.
• Detail specific Medicare billing changes, including new Election information in Common Working File
• List steps for solving hospice billing issues/denials, etc. that may arise in the day-to-day billing process.
• Detail process for correcting dates on NOE effective January 2018
- Event Type:
- Speaking Engagement
- December 4
- Axxess Home Care & Hospice Conference Center AHHC Office
- 8:00 am - 3:00 pm CST
- Melinda Gaboury
- Hosted By:
- Association for Home & Hospice Care of NC