CAHSAH PDGM Mini Conference – Ontario,CA
Speaker(s): Melinda A. Gaboury, CEO
Category: Speaking Engagement
- This event has passed.
About the Event
The Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) represents the most significant change to the Medicare Home Health program since October 2000. It will radically change the payment methodology, including the unit of payment, the case mix adjustment, Low Utilization Payment Adjustment standards, and payment for Non-Routine Medical Supplies. By attending this two-day workshop you will be fully prepared to successfully work through these radical changes with PDGM. You cannot miss this very timely, imperative workshop!
Speaker: Melinda A. Gaboury, CEO | Monday, October 28th, 2019 | PDGM – Financial/Operations/ Data Analytics
This comprehensive day of The Patient Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) is going to give agencies the biggest and best chance to fully understand the changes and confirm the need for additional changes within their agencies. This workshop provides a quick overview of the PDGM structure and operation along with a review of the concerns and opportunities triggered by PDGM. The Financial portion of the workshop will assist agencies in monitoring their impact and analyzing what will be necessary to adjust. Two key components will include revenue estimates and cash flow. Operations will include operational decisions primarily regarding the Revenue Cycle and operational reporting, which will cover cost containment. Data drill downs on overall expectations of number of 30-day payment periods, LUPA statistics,
• Identify the structural framework of PDGM and the concerns and opportunities in PDGM
• Measure the financial impact on your organization
• Define how PDGM will impact Revenue Cycle and what you should do to adapt
• Outline how PDGM will require agencies to consider process changes in their business operations
• Identify recommendations and strategies for process adjustments to achieve a successful operational transition to PDGM
• Provide data drill downs on LUPA, lengths of stay and other operational metrics
• Review tools and Key Performance Indicators to help prepare and run your agencies