- This event has passed.
NAHC | HCAF
About the Event
** The health and safety of our community is the top priority for HCAF. Due to the present state of COVID-19 in Florida our Orlando PDGM Summit will now be live-streamed **
PDGM is here and it is critical for you to have the tools and knowledge needed to understand and adapt your business to these important changes. These 12 in-depth, nationwide one-day summits will cover all facets of managing the transition to PDGM. Faculty drawn from the top home health consulting firms in the nation will provide you with updates based on real-time experiences and data designed to enable home health agencies to achieve “high performer” status through continuous operational improvements in financial, clinical, business analytics, and administrative operations as PDGM unfolds.
Speaker: CEO, Melinda A. Gaboury
Tuesday, April 7, 2020 | 8:30AM – 9:45AM | Operations
The Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) has required home health agencies to examine overall operations structure and day-to-day management. Changes were needed throughout agencies to meet the demands of the PDGM. Agencies must quickly determine what is working and what is falling short of their expectations. Any needed modifications in operations must be put in place sooner rather than later to thrive under the PDGM. Operational areas most affected by the PDGM include referral and sales management, intake, revenue cycle, operational reporting, and order and supply management. Change management must be handled throughout your organization. This session focuses on the operational practices that have demonstrated early success and long-term potential for fully positive outcomes.
* Outline the operational changes that are showing reliable signs of early success and those that are not working as hoped;
* Define key areas of operations that are showing the greatest need for additional changes and how to initiate that change; and,
* Identify new skill sets needed in HHA management triggered by lessons learned from the PDGM during Q1-2020.
12:30PM – 1:45PM | Financial
Thriving (or even surviving) under the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) payment reform requires a clear understanding of how the PDGM is affecting the financial outcomes of a home health agency. This session explores the fundamental steps necessary for home health agencies to assess whether the initiatives taken to prepare for the PDGM are in place and working, the options for mid-course corrections in the PDGM financial management, trends in the impact of the PDGM, cash flow remedies, and planning for 2021.
* Measure the early trends in the PDGM financial impact on your organization including cash flow management under the new Requests for Anticipated Payment (RAP) model;
* Recognize how to determine whether your revenue cycle management fits your agency under the PDGM and what steps are needed to bring it to top performance; and,
* Identify clinical and operational practices that lead to the most favorable financial outcome under the PDGM.