2019 Two-Day Home Care Alliance Workshop
Speaker(s): Melinda A. Gaboury, CEO
Category: Home Care
- This event has passed.
Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport Hosted by
Healthcare Provider Solutions, Inc.
About the Event
*DEADLINE TO REGISTER: JULY 25, 2019 – SPACE LIMITED!
This two-day workshop will cover what you need to know now to be effective with Medicare PPS Reimbursement and help prepare your agency for the implementation of the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM).
Day 1 | Thursday, August 8, 2019 | Registration: 8:00AM | Workshop: 8:30AM – 4:00PM | HH Reimbursement Under PPS 2019
2019 Home Health Reimbursement Under PPS Ensure your agency’s financial success! Topics covered include: Medicare patient verification, adjacent episode calculations, details – field by field on claim forms, billing updates, auditing a pre-bill for final claim purposes, managing risks (Targeted Probe & Educate), and utilizing PEPPER.
• Review Key PPS Billing Highlights for 2019
• Calculate and Evaluate HHRG, HIPPS Code, and Episode Exceptions
• Verify Eligibility
• Complete a RAP and Final Claim
• Discuss effectively auditing a chart to identify pre-bill issues
• Review the Targeted Probe & Educate demonstration and learn how to use data such as PEPPER to mitigate financial risk
Day 2 | Friday, August 9, 2019 | Registration: 8:00AM | Workshop: 8:30AM – 4:00PM | Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM)
PDGM dramatically impacts agency operations, processes, and performance. Learn strategies and processes to prepare. Topics will focus on
best episode management and process improvement practices, including referral, intake, and scheduling processes to help you more tightly
manage care within the shorter 30-day payment period.
• Review the impact of PDGM on agency operations
• Discuss the importance of ICD-10 Coding, timely OASIS review, and clinical documentation
• Review strategic planning for implementation of clinical episode management best practices
• Review the complexity of determining LUPA thresholds and LUPA prevention
• Review therapy utilization practices, discuss methods to evaluate current practices and implement changes for PDGM