- This event has passed.
The Association for Home & Hospice Care of North Carolina
About the Event
Join us at the Association for Home & Hospice Care of North Carolina’s 2018 Leadership Conference as we face new challenges, devise new solutions and plan for the future of healthcare at home!
Why Attend the Leadership Conference?
• Exclusive focus on leadership-related issues in home care, home health & hospice
• Presentations by speakers who share your background and experience or who have worked closely with your health care settings
• Concurrent sessions that address topics across the management spectrum
• Opportunity to build valuable professional relationships through networking opportunities
• Practical and innovative ways to problem-solve in your setting
• Exhibits available throughout the conference to help meet your agency’s operational needs
Speaker: CEO, Melinda Gaboury
Monday, October 15, 2018 | A6 – 10:30AM to 12:00 PM | Home Health Value Based Purchasing
North Carolina is one of the 9 states included in the Home Health Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Model, and 2018 is the first year of annual reimbursement. This session will allow home health staff members to obtain information in order to evaluate where their agency stands. VBP results from the first 2 years of the pilot will be reviewed and how VBP has affected the nation’s home health compare/star rating scores.
Monday, October 15, 2018 | B3 – 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM | Hospice Targeted Probe & Educate : What we’ve learned so far
This session will explain the targeted Probe & Educate model and delve into past, present and possible future target areas and how to manage this new model of medical review. Methodology and tips for going through the process as well as ways to minimize chances of being part of TPE are explained. Compliance with the current target areas and what is expected to be in the record as evidence of compliance will also be explained. Examples of Provider experiences so far with TOE will be shared.
Monday, October 15, 2018 | C-5 – 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM | Targeted Probe & Educate for Home Health : How to Survive
Calling all home health directors, clinicians and quality review staff! This session will allow home health staff members to obtain information to evaluate where their agency would stand if TPE showed up at their agency today. TPE results from agencies will be shared, as well as the inner workings of this program and how an agency can survive.
Stop by and see us at our Booth!